- approximately 170g broccoli florets
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- pinch salt
- chilli flakes (optional)
- pizza sauce
- favourite toppings
- Preheat the oven to 170°c
- Grease a round pizza tray lightly with coconut oil / butter and line with parchment paper
- Blitz the broccoli florets in your blender or food processor until chopped into tiny pieces, be careful not to overprocess to a paste.
- Tip the broccoli into a mixing bowl and stir in the egg and the ground almonds, season with salt and stir in the chilli flakes if using.
- Mix until you have a dough like consistency, roll into a ball with your hands and place on the lined pizza tray.
- Use your hands and a spatula to spread the dough to make the round pizza shape, it should be about 5mm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the base is baked add the pizza sauce leaving a ‘crust’ round the edge and your chosen toppings. Place under the grill for a few minutes, more or less time depending on what toppings you are using. Keep an eye on it as the crust can burn easily.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.