Ingredients (makes about 10)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup walnuts (other nuts work well too)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 carrot grated*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- Desiccated coconut for rolling (optional)
* You can use raw carrot but i found this can sometimes leave a bitter aftertaste so I prefer to steam the greater carrot or put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Tip: To make protein carrot cake bites you can add 1/2 a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder to the mixture.
- Simply add everything apart from the coconut to your food processor and blitz until you have a smooth batter.
- Using a spoon scoop out a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball using your hands, then roll in the coconut if using and place on a large plate.
- Repeat step 2 with the rest of the mixture and then leave the balls in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for when you want them.
Tip: If the mixture seems to sticky you can leave the mixture in the fridge for half an hour to firm up before rolling in the coconut.