- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Herbs and spices (I use cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and black onion seeds)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- To roast the cauliflower put the florets on a baking tray, add your chosen herbs & spices (I used paprika and chilli flakes) and toss in 1 tbsp of the coconut oil (melted), bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt the rest of the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, celery & carrot and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft, then add the roasted cauliflower and stock, season to taste and simmer on a medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower has gone soft, stir in the peas and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the blender or use an immersion blender and whiz until smooth or at your preferred consistency and serve, I topped with chilli flakes and black pepper.
- Enjoy. xx