Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 small (150g) tin sweetcorn
- 1 small (215g) tin chickpeas
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- 1.5 tbsp spelt flour *
- Coconut oil for frying
- Options for serving: lettuce, cheese, gherkins, ketchup, etc
- Drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn and add to a food processor*
- Add the chilli flakes, salt, paprika and flour to the mixture and pulse until combined, don’t over mix as you still want some texture.
- Scoop the mix out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the mixture into 2 burgers (I had a bit left over after making 2).
- Put the burgers on a plate and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat your oil over a medium heat in a frying pan and fry the burgers for 7-10 minutes flipping halfway or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with your chosen options.
* If you don’t have a food processor you can do this buy hand just mash the sweetcorn and chickpeas with a fork, before mixing in the other ingredients.