Ingredients (makes 10-12 slices)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g good quality honey / maple syrup
- 120g coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a loaf tin with baking paper (or you can use a silicone loaf tin).
- Put the almonds, desiccated coconut, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and mixed spice and mix well.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, vanilla, honey / maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix well until combined.
- Pour the batter into a loaf tin and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before slicing.