- 1 cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp oregano
- pizza sauce shop bought or home made *
- toppings of choice: buffalo mozerella, peppers, onions, jalapenos, olives, ham, chorizo, mushrooms etc.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c
- Chop the cauliflower into florets (stalks removed) and blitz in the food processor until you have a rice like consistency.
- Place the the cauliflower ‘rice’ in a large bowl, cover with cling film and microwave for 4 minutes to soften.
- Leave the cauliflower to cool (aprox 10 minutes) and then wrap in a muslin or thin tea towel and wring out as much water as possible (you can skip this step but you may end up with a soggy base). Once you have got as much moisture out as possible add the eggs, ground almonds cheese and herbs and stir until well combined, use your hands to roll the mixture into a ball.
- Lightly grease a pizza baking tray, put the ball of pizza ‘dough’ onto the tray and press down with the back of a spoon or your hands to create a pizza shape.
- drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for around 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- When the base is cooked add a few spoonfuls of the pizza sauce (leave a crust) before adding your chosen toppings, then bake for another 10 minutes