- 1.5 cups of spelt flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder *
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (1/4 cup honey works well too)
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 pot (170g) Total Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt * *
- optional: walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175°c
- In a mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, cacao, sugar, cinnamon, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients: the bananas, yogurt, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well until combined and stir in optional extras.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone or lined loaf tin
- bake in the oven for about 40 minutes
- leave in the tin until cooled completely.
*I use creative nature Cacao powder
**I use creative nature himalayan pink salt
You can buy creative nature products from selected Tesco stores (you will find them on the ‘free from’ aisle) or Ocado. To find out more about the fab product range click here to check out their website.