- 3/4 cup spelt flour or rice flour (I bought mine from sainsbury’s most supermarkets will have it on the ‘free from’ isle
- 3/4 cup cacao powder (I use Kaizen living)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 large sweet potato cooked and mashed to a puree (you can boil it, bake it, steam it or microwave, whatever you prefer)
- 250g date syrup
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Sift the flour, cacao and baking powder into a bowl
- Put the sweet potato puree, date syrup, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone rectangular cake mould (or line a tin one with baking paper) bake for 20-25 mins, until set on top but should still be gooey inside.
- Leave in the tin until cool before cutting into squares.