- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 500g lean minced beef or turkey
- 1 egg
- Nairns oat cakes bashed to fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- toppings of your choice such as relish, salad, cheese.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool slightly.
- When cool, put the onion in a large bowl with the mince, egg, bashed cracker, chilli, garlic and and mix well to combine. Divide the mince into 6, roll into balls and flatten each into a flat burger.
- put the flour on a plate, dab each burger in the flour on both sides then transfer to a baking tray. Wrap with cling film and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- heat the oven to 200/180°c fan, drizzle the burgers with some melted coconut oil and cook for 20-30 minutes flipping half way through.
- top with chosen toppings and wrap in lettuce leaves to serve with sweet potato wedges.
- Enjoy xx