For the brownie
- 1 cup nuts (you can use any nuts i love almonds, walnuts & cashews)
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup tinned coconut milk
- about 6 squares of dark chocolate (I used Lindt 90% cacao but any other dark choc would be fine)
- For the brownie, pulse the walnuts in a food processor until you have a fine crumb.
- Add the dates and process until they are finely chopped and the mixture is sticky.
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil and pulse until all combined.
- Press the mixture into prepared tin firmly into a rectangle shape and set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- If making without the frosting, slice into squares when firm and store in the fridge.
- Heat the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water, when it starts to melt add in the milk until you have the consistency of frosting.
- Pour this over the brownie mixture and return to the freezer to set for about 20 minutes or until you can slice it.
- Slice in to squares and store in the fridge.