For chocolate layers:
85% cacao dark chocolate (I used Green & Blacks) – about half of a bar
For the Nut Butter Layer:
3/4 cup peanut butter / almond butter / cashew butter which ever you prefer
3 teaspoons Pure maple syrup /honey
3 tablespoons Coconut oil
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Melt the dark choc over a double boiler being careful not to burn.
- Ad a spoonful of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of silicane muffin cases and use the back on a spoon to spread up the sides. Put in the freezer to harden while you make the peanut butter mixture
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the peanut butter layer.
- Drop peanut butter mixture, a spoonful at a time, into silicone muffin cups until they are approximately 1/2 full.
- Put them into the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until hardened. Take out of the freezer.
- Drop about a spoonful of chocolate mixture on top of the frozen peanut butter mixture.
- Put the peanut butter cups into the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until hardened.
- Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving.