- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock (this is quite a thick soup, you can add more liquid if you want but i prefer it thick)
- 1 cup lentils – both red & green work well
- favourite spices
- Rinse the lentils in cold water.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan and soften onion, celery and carrots.
- Add vegetables, stock and lentils to pan. Bring to the boil, add your favourite spices ( I used paprika and cayenne pepper) then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes before serving.