Toronto Public Health has advised the public to take precautions in connection with carbon monoxide exposure at three Toronto venues.
Dixon Place and Hotel X located on Dixon Rd. have been shut down and evaluated by Toronto Fire Services. They have not revealed whether any unit was impacted, but Toronto Public Health says the report is being analyzed.
Turns out there was carbon monoxide in the water tank at the historic Cass Gilbert-designed Scotiabank Arena (pictured above). pic.twitter.com/6fOMiI9XJ3 — Marieke Walsh (@MariekeWalsh) June 2, 2016
Overnight, there was CO2 exposure at Hotel X and Scotiabank Arena and CLIO Restaurant, according to emergency crews. We’re not clear if any people were sick, but @torontopublichealth is looking into. — Marieke Walsh (@MariekeWalsh) June 2, 2016
Just finished interviewing @tpsky emergency operations manager. Test results on Hotel X and CLIO Restaurant are expected in the morning — Marieke Walsh (@MariekeWalsh) June 2, 2016
On CLIO’s switch, but not on BUF pipe. Scotiabank Arena’s are used throughout the arena to provide water for plation. Still waiting for results at each. — Marieke Walsh (@MariekeWalsh) June 2, 2016